Climate Action SA coalition coordinates work between advocacy organizations and individuals across the greater San Antonio area in support of climate justice. We work to protect and empower those most vulnerable to the impact of climate change through actions developed and implemented with strong community engagement. The coalition is an effort to facilitate transparency, collaboration, and power building of the environmental and social justice communities and within local government.
Climate Action SA is Dedicated to…
- Organizing and advocating for rapid reduction in greenhouse gases to net zero across all sectors in the greater San Antonio area.
- Prioritizing the mitigation of emissions in disproportionately impacted communities and implementation of climate adaptation strategies in communities most vulnerable to rapid climate change.
- Improving access to the economic and other benefits of climate solutions, especially for historically neglected and marginalized communities.
- Educating the public with the latest climate science and best climate solutions.
- Developing strong community engagement in resilience planning to realize an inclusive, just, and sustainable economy.
Public Citizen; Southwest Workers Union; Sierra Club, San Antonio Group; Bexar County Green Party; San Antonio Progressive Alliance; Lone Star Chapter of the Sierra Club; Energía Mía; MOVE Texas; Alliance of Nurses for Healthy Environments; Environment Texas; Indivisible 21
Greater Edwards Aquifer Alliance; Citizen’s Climate Lobby-SA; San Antonio Interfaith Environmental Network (SAIEN); William C. Velasquez Institute; Deceleration.news
Interested in joining us? Read our Memorandum of Understanding (PDF).