Climate Action SA coalition coordinates work between advocacy organizations and individuals across the greater San Antonio area in support of climate justice. We work together to support the creation and implementation of a robust climate action and adaptation plan for San Antonio, developed and implemented with strong community engagement. The coalition is an effort to facilitate transparency, collaboration, and power building of the environmental and social justice communities.
Climate Action SA is Dedicated to…
- Organizing and advocating for rapid reduction in greenhouse gases to net zero across all sectors in the greater San Antonio area.
- Prioritizing the mitigation of emissions in disproportionately impacted communities and implementation of climate adaptation strategies in communities most vulnerable to rapid climate change.
- Improving access to the economic and other benefits of climate solutions, especially for disadvantaged communities.
- Educating the public with the latest climate science and best climate solutions.
- Developing strong community engagement in climate planning.
- Supporting climate action and adaptation policies with the goal of realizing an inclusive, just, and sustainable economy.
Public Citizen; Texas Victory Project; Our Revolution San Antonio; William C. Velasquez Institute; Southwest Workers Union; Sierra Club, Alamo Group; Vecinos de Mission Trails; Bexar County Green Party; San Antonio Progressive Alliance; Lone Star Chapter of the Sierra Club; imagine San Antonio; Ignition Green; Moms Clean Air Force; SustainableSA.com; Politiqueers; Energía Mía; Guadalupe County Democratic Party; Deceleration.news; MOVE Texas; San Antonio DSA;
Alliance of Nurses for Healthy Environments
Domesticas Unidas; Greater Edwards Aquifer Alliance; Citizen’s Climate Lobby-SA; San Antonio Interfaith Environmental Network (SAIEN); Native Plant Society of Texas, SA Chapter; American Indians in Texas at the Spanish Colonial Missions; Martinez Street Women’s Center; Texas Drought Project; Society of Native Nations; Build San Antonio Green; Bexar County Young Democrats; Bexar County Democratic Party; Stone in the Stream/Roca en el Rio; Greater Faith Institutional Church; U.S. Green Building Council; Fuerza Unida; Environmental Defense Fund; Green Team of First Unitarian Universalist Church of San Antonio
Interested in joining us? Read our Memorandum of Understanding (PDF).